Memory Care at The Cottage.
A unique residence designed for memory care.
We provide individualized care, extra assistance and advanced health services in an intimate setting. The Cottage’s 22 suites offer a luxurious alternative to traditional care for people living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
The Cottage features stone fireplaces, spacious lounges, a beautiful dining room with an open kitchen design, a sunroom and an activity room. Professional caregivers are available 24-hours a day, with a licensed nurse on duty five days a week.
The pioneering Ecumen Awakenings program is a vital part of the culture of Memory Care at Detroit Lakes. Ecumen’s nationally recognized approach significantly reduces the use of sedating psychotropic medications or “chemical restraints.” Our empowering circle of care puts your loved one at the very center, focusing on abilities — not disabilities — while honoring each person’s individuality. We make every effort to help residents remain in our community as their needs change over time.
Here, you’ll find a collaborative and calming Memory Care environment where we care for your loved one with dignity and compassion. We offer a variety of sizes and floor plans. All suites have a private bathroom with a large walk-in shower, many with a walk-in closet.
- Care Suite, with private bath and walk-in closet (630 square feet)
- Master Care Suite features a private sunroom, den, bath and walk-in closet (800 square feet)
- Memory Suite with den, private bath, and walk-in closet (680 square feet)
- Memory Master Suite features a larger living area, private bath, and walk-in closet (800 square feet)
Services and Amenities
- Daily personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Individually controlled central air conditioning and heat
- Life enrichment events, activities and special events in the activity center
- Meals and snacks
- Meal assistance
- Medication assistance, including insulin
- Mobility assistance, including transfers with assistance or mechanical lift
- Nursing care, supervision, care-plan management and service coordination
- Pet-friendly environment
- Safety checks
- Security system, secured exit doors
- Specialized memory care embracing the Ecumen Awakenings philosophy of care
- Lounges and dining areas
- Utilities: water, sewer, heat, trash, electric, cable television and high-speed wireless internet included in rent
- Weekly blood pressure checks or as ordered by physician
- Whirlpool bathing, private showers
- Window treatments
- Secure courtyard
Additional Services Available (Fees Apply)
- Beauty/Barber shop services provided by licensed beautician
- Guest meals available
- Outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy at Nursing Home therapy center
- Telephone service
- Massage therapy by licensed therapists
- Additional nursing services, including physician rounds, skilled home care and medication management