Programs at Ecumen Detroit Lakes.
Strategies to enhance your life.
Whatever you need, you’ll find it here. Innovative programs promise security and comfort when a loved one is facing a health challenge or cognitive decline. We offer a person-centered approach with state-of-the-art, technology-enabled care.
Comprehensive Care, Outstanding Quality, Rehabilitation Excellence, Exceptional Outcomes:
- We are committed to helping people regain functionality through a multidisciplinary effort for those who may require two to three weeks of intensive therapy to recover from orthopedic surgery, injury or medically complex needs.
- Outpatient therapy serves long-term care and memory care residents by helping them attain and maintain physical strength and abilities.
- Ecumen Awakenings™ is a nationally recognized program developed by Ecumen in partnership with physicians and pharmacists. The program helps “re-awaken” residents whose physical and cognitive abilities may have been masked by inappropriate use of antipsychotic drugs. This collaboration often leads to reduction or elimination of antipsychotic medications, which carry significant health risks for older adults.
- Transportation: Trained drivers take residents on Detroit Lakes-sponsored outings in our handicapped-accessible van (often at no charge). Each week, we offer scheduled transportation to area shopping centers from Lamplighter Manor and The Madison for a small fee.
- Nutrition Services: Our dining services are designed to meet nutritional needs while stimulating appetites.
- Palliative Care: Our interdisciplinary approach focuses on providing residents relief from symptoms and the stress of serious illness or chronic disease to comfort and support individuals and their loved ones.
- End-of-Life Care: Because death is deeply personal, we tailor our end-of-life care to comfort and support individuals and their loved ones. Our “May We Walk You Home” program supports the journey. We also work with area Hospice programs to provide care.
- Therapy: Rehabilitation therapy typically involves a short stay in our Transitional Care Unit (TCU), adjacent to our state-of-the-art therapy gym, or outpatient services.
Therapy gym features:
- Therapy pool, with underwater treadmills
- Steam shower
- Private treatment exam rooms
- Occupational therapy kitchen, bathroom and laundry center
- Zero gravity system for enhanced assistance with ambulation
Therapy includes the Big/LOUD program (exercises to help people living with Parkinson’s disease improve their motor function, along with voice and speech).
We also offer outpatient rehabilitation. No matter how complex your needs, we can create a care plan to help you achieve your individual goals.
- Worship: The on-site chaplain cares for the spiritual needs of our residents of our community. Local churches are invited to hold services in the chapel, where special holiday worship services are also offered. Everyone is welcome to attend our Sunday services, regularly scheduled Catholic Mass, communion services and Bible studies.
- Adult Day Services: The adult day program provides physical, social and spiritual care, in a safe, supportive and comfortable environment. During weekday hours, we surround our guests with safe, secure and stimulating community-based activities.