Explore the Lakes Area.
Discover the attractions of the region.
Nestled in the beautiful lake country of northwest Minnesota, Ecumen Detroit Lakes is a warm and welcoming community with contemporary décor and a full continuum of care. The nursing home is in the center of our campus and includes a welcoming entry where light streams in from floor-to-ceiling windows in a bright hallway lined with benches, while the lobby area features a fireplace and comfortable armchairs. Discover the beauty of our community in the Minnesota lake country, a sportsman’s paradise for recreation and fun.
We offer scheduled transportation to area shopping and special events. When family or friends visit, there’s always something going on in the Detroit Lakes area:
- The Polar Fest – Fireworks and the Poles and Holes Fishing Derby in February
- Shady Hollow Flea Market – Weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Annual Festival of Birds – bird watching and programs at the Detroit Mountain Recreation Area in May
- Summertime Street Faire at the Lakes – local artists and artisans show sculptures, pottery, jewelry and more in downtown Detroit Lakes in June
- Water Carnival – a Northwest Water Carnival, chili contest and Bash on the Beach in July, sponsored by the Jaycees
- WE Fest – Minnesota Country Music and Camping Festival in August
- Holiday events – Grand Parade of Lights with floats and a tree-lighting at the Public Library in December
- Washington Square Mall on Main Street – specialty boutiques, jeweler, and casual dining